Dr. Chris Chen grew up in a beautiful, tranquil town on the north shore of Long Island, NY. He earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, in 2003. He subsequently completed his advanced postgraduate specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at New York University College of Dentistry, where he was honored to be selected as co-Chief Resident during his final year of training. Dr. Chen received his undergraduate degree from University of Rochester, with a major in Biology and a minor in economics, in addition to a certificate in business management. He also attained a Masters degree in Public Health, and graduated with high distinction, from New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY.
Dr. Chen is a skillful clinician and a well-respected educator. He served as co–director of General Practice Dental Residency program at Rochester General Hospital, before he committed full time to pediatric dentistry.
Currently, Dr. Chen spends two days a week at the University of Washington as a faculty, and also holds active medical staff positions at several hospitals. He is a member of Central Washington Cleft Lip and Palate Team, where he provides Naso-alveolar molding (NAM) pre-surgical management to cleft lip and palate patients. Dr. Chen worked as pediatric dentist at the Children’s Village in Yakima, WA, where this highly specialized clinic is specifically designed to treat children and adolescents with special health care needs. He also enjoys spending time teaching medical and dental residents, as well as giving lectures on various topics of pediatric dentistry. Dr. Chen is able to utilize his specialty training in pediatric dentistry, coupled with a graduate degree in Public Health, to further provide effective comprehensive oral care for all under-served children, especially of those with special health care needs.
Dr. Chen is an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Dental Association, the Washington State Dental Association, and the Washington State Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. He is a published author in a prestigious medical journal of Gastroenterology. Dr. Chen also appeared numerous times on television networks promoting oral health (Rochester, NY- R-News, WROC- CBS affiliate; Yakima, WA – KIMA-CBS affiliate).
Here are some of Dr. Chen’s academic and clinical achievements:
- Master in Public Health. Graduated with High Distinction, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
- Doctor of Dental Medicine, numerous research awards, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA.
- Co-Chief Resident, Advanced Post-Graduate Specialty Training in Pediatric Dentitry, NYU, NY, NY.
- Co-Director, General Practice Residency, Rochester General Hospital, Rochester, NY.
- Published author in medical journal and newspapers.
- Additional training with world renowned Craniofacial surgeons, Dr. Barry Grayson and Dr. Court Cutting, at the prestigious NYU Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
- Central Washington Cleft Lip and Palate Team, Yakima, WA.
- Faculty, University of Washington, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Seattle, WA.
Dr. Chen has great affection for children, especially with children with special health care needs.
Dr. Chen is now proudly calling Seattle home, along with his wife and their three young children. He enjoys outdoor activities, sports, reading, and music.